The world's most unique Airbnb rentals for your next vacation
One of a kind
First world problem: when you're booked on a holiday to an incredible destination and you're spoilt for choice when it comes to picking a place to stay. Sound all too familiar? Happens to the best of us.
The days of confining ourselves to a stock standard hotel chain are over. Forget the ambiguous white sheets, dreadful brown couch, and formulaic bathrooms — can you imagine the horrors of being labelled by your friends as boring or plain vanilla? Plus, what's left for the 'Gram?
To that, we say take a walk on the wild side and let your adventurous heart soar. If your childhood dream was to stay in an aluminium pod, a tree house, or in your own plane, there's someone out there that's about to make that a reality for you. Airbnb's vast platform offers over 10,000 RVs, 3,000 castles, 2,000 yurts, and 1,400 islands, and to date, more than 200,000 people have spent the night in a tree house. Below, you'll find some of the world's coolest homes available for short-term rentals — you might just be labelled an 'influencer' after this.
Click on these listings to make a booking:
1. Mushroom Dome Cabin in Aptos, California, USA
2. Here Be Dragons... in Westhall, UK
3. Sleep In A True Plane! in Saint-Michel-Chef-Chef, France
4. Traditional House: Tatami Room in Osaka, Japan
5. Unique Cobb Cottage in Mayne Island, Canada
6. Amboise Troglodyte in Centre, France
7. Treehouse for 5 in Bavaria, Germany
8. Couple Getaway Private Chalet in Florianópolis, Brazil
9. AirShip 002 in Scottish Highlands, UK