The best of Buro from around the world
1. Buro 24/7 Australia: Meet Ramesh Nithiyendran, a Sydney-based artist breaking new ground with his provocative, sex-fuelled installations. The bad boy of Australian ceramics explores various streams of popular culture including pornography, fashion, sex, art history, and religion.
2. Buro 24/7 Malaysia: Malaysia has a new local organic beauty brand, and its rose-infused wonders are so good that it deserves international recognition. Called Daisy Sky, all products are safe enough for oral consumption, usage on babies over three months old, and pregnant women seeking a gentler option. If there was one standout, it would be the Rose Alba Hydrosol, a multi-purpose product that can be used as a brilliant mask, toner, face mist, and bath drops.
3. Buro 24/7 Middle East: Dubai is a melting pot of cuisines, and it's not surprising that its citizens are spoilt for choice. From a global culinary experience in the sky, to a delightful tea session served in a three-tiered drawer, here are your must-visits for your next trip.
4. Buro 24/7 Singapore: One of Singapore's favourite jewellers, Choo Yilin, has rolled out a Peranakan Lace Pearl collection — think the elegance of Breakfast at Tiffany's crossed with the richness of Nyonya influences. Expect a full range of beautifully detailed strands, from earrings to necklaces to bracelets, that both you and Mum will agree on.
5. Buro 24/7 Singapore: The latest trend to hit the streets are socks — yes, those we used to hate wearing to school. In 2017, they're open season regardless of your social status and footwear choice; slides, stilettos, slip ons, nothing feels off key. As we like to say, fashion always comes one full circle and has a way of telling us, "I told you so."
Read more #BestofBuro stories here.