Best of Buro: Ex-Colette team introduces Nous, Gucci's restaurant in Florence, and more
1. Buro 24/7 Malaysia: Is Nous the new Colette? A few of Colette's former senior employees such as Marvin Dein (former head of sneaker department) and Sébastian Chapelle (former head of tech and watches) have kickstarted Nous, a menswear-oriented concept store that focuses on streetwear. Many pieces will fall under the unisex bracket, so ladies, fret not.
2. Buro 24/7 Australia: What makes hemp the latest superfood on everyone's plates? Well, marijuana's little sister contains very little or zero THC, so let's put the high time theory to rest, shall we? Vegans can rejoice, as hemp seeds are the second highest source of whole vegetable protein, containing all 21 essential amino acids — more so than chia seeds and flaxseeds, as well as being high in brain and skin-loving Omega 3 and Omega 6.
3. Buro 24/7 Middle East: Treat yourself to a meal at Gucci Osteria, the brand's very own restaurant — its first in the world — inside Gucci Garden, which opened its doors in Florence this week. The 50-seater restaurant is located on the ground floor of the building and is run by Massimo Bottura, the owner of the Michelin-starred Osteria Francescana. For this new venture, Bottura has created an entirely new menu for the all-day dining space filled with Italian classics as well as contemporary updates. This is about as stylish as pasta comes.
4. Buro 24/7 Singapore: Tippling Club's new edible menu is ingenious. We're talking 12 flavoured gummy bears, each representing 12 different concoctions — from which you'll pick your cocktail of choice. We won't reveal too much, but each drink is named after aspirations like happiness, success and beauty and loaded with head bartender Joe Schofield's personal recipe of interpretation.
5. Buro 24/7 Singapore: David Beckham is known for a lot of things, from once wearing a sarong to his prowess wearing the number seven jersey for Manchester United. Now he's trailblazing in an entirely new way with his latest venture, a joint partnership with French beauty and grooming giant L'Oréal to produce his own range, House 99 by David Beckham. Watch this space.
Read more #BestofBuro stories.