Best of Buro: Lego House in Denmark, a new music festival in Sydney, and more
1. Buro 24/7 Australia: Laneway, Lost Paradise, Harbour Life, Listen Out, Return to Rio, Field Day, Fairgrounds Festival... New South Wales certainly has had its fair share of music festivals, and is about to get another one. Following in the footsteps of Austin City Limits, the legendary American festival is getting an Aussie spin-off with confirmation of the inaugural Sydney City Limits next year — expect the likes of Grace Jones, Justice, Vance Joy, and The Avalanches.
2. Buro 24/7 Middle East: From an Australian-owned café to a clean eating restaurant, and an iconic New York brunch spot, three new culinary must-see spots have just opened in Dubai. Here's looking at Boston Lane, Nourish and Sarabeth's — and all the reasons why you need to pay them a visit the next time you're in the Middle East.
3. Buro 24/7 Malaysia: Lego lovers, rejoice. Located in their hometown of Billund, Denmark, the new Lego House was recently unveiled after four years of construction. The eye-catching structure serves as an immersive experience centre filled with a whopping 25 million Lego bricks. Spanning 12,000 sqm, the Lego House comprises 21 large stacked cubes, housing two exhibition areas and four colour-coded play areas known as 'experience zones'.
4. Buro 24/7 Singapore: Illustrator and interior designer Luke Edward Hall tells us more about designing the Christmas pop-up store at Bicester Village and why the best interiors, like menswear, has to do with layering. What's more? Find out what Hall really wants for Christmas — you'll be pretty surprised.
5. Buro 24/7 Singapore: Award-winning chef Clayton Wells (of Automata in Sydney) has opened Blackwattle, his first overseas restaurant, in Singapore. What's cool is that everything on the menu is intermittently swapped out, and never stay in the menu long enough to become classics. Book in soon, because the grilled fremantle octopus and piquant beef tri-tip are mouthwatering favourites — and who knows when they'll fall out of the chef's favour?
Read more #BestofBuro stories.