Best of Buro: 5 new cafés to visit in KL this month, a real-life sandcastle hostel, and more
1. Buro 24/7 Australia: Give world champion sand sculptor, Dennis Maroud, 24 tonnes of sand and what do you get? A fully functioning Sand Hostel on the Gold Coast. The sand sculptor, aptly known as "Sandman", is working with Hostelworld and Gold Coast Tourism to create the first ever Sand Hostel. Talk about a beachfront destination of our childhood dreams.
2. Buro 24/7 Middle East: In an exclusive (and silent) interview, discover the moments that mattered for Noon by Noor's Shaikha Noor Rashid Al Khalifa and Shaikha Haya Mohamed Al Khalifa as they revealed their spring/summer 2018 collection at New York Fashion Week. What's trending? Their collaboration with Los Angeles-based luxury based handbag brand, Tyler Ellis.
3. Buro 24/7 Malaysia: When you're done and dusted with KL's street food and great local fare, it's time to take a break at one of their hip new cafés. These five spots are so hidden that you might have missed them along the way — from Kohi Yatta's airy interiors, to the "pay as you wish" Summersault, you'll be happy you made a pit stop there.
4. Buro 24/7 Singapore: Pop down to Resorts World Sentosa's The GREAT Food Festival this weekend and taste a smorgasbord of creations from some of the world's best chefs. Emma Bengtsson — only the second Michelin-starred female chef in the USA — shares what being a female in a male-dominated industry is like, and the inspiration behind the dishes she will be presenting.
5. Buro 24/7 Singapore: The red carpet at the Emmys 2017 was a sight for sore eyes for those who hankered after beauty looks that were well-executed and unerringly chic. Looking for your inspiration? Check out these rich pickings from Evan Rachel Wood, Vanessa Kirby, and more.
Read more #BestofBuro stories.