Watch Beppe de Vito of ilLido Group make the perfect baked pasta — recipe included
Turn up the heat
Leave it to an Italian chef to show us the ways of cooking formidable pasta with minimal effort, thanks to chef-restaurateur Beppe de Vito's newly launched digital dining platform, Grammi. It's a one-stop shop where you'll find ready-to-eat meals as well as grocery and drink staples that you can't really find at your local Fairprice.
We're talking artisanal dried pastas as well as various sauces and produce sourced all over Italy as well as other parts of the world, as he would do the same for his other renowned restaurants like 1-Michelin Braci, Amo, and Art from ilLido Group.
Recipe for Beppe's Calabrian baked pasta
Here's what you need
360g Caserecce pasta
3g Sicilian Rock Salt
250g Tomato & Basil Sauce
10cl Garlic & Herb EVOO
250g Cherry Tomatoes
2g Fine Salt
2g Black Pepper
How to make it:
1. Boil a large pot of water with the rock salt.
2. Add the pasta and boil for 5 minutes.
3. Drain the pasta and place bak in the same pot.
4. Add the pasta, the tomato sauce, half of the oil, the nduja, and half the parmigiana and stir well.
5. Move the contents into a baking dish, spread the hand shredded mozzarella over it.
6. Spread the halved tomatoes cut side down over the pasta.
7. Finish off with the remaining EVO and parmigiano.
8. Bake for 15 minutes in a pore heated oven at 220°C.
9. Switch oven off and rest for at least 15 minutes before eating.
The Buro. x Grammi bundle is priced at $60 and feeds 4 pax. Order yours here.