#SaturdaySessions: Popcorn prawn skewers
No one does seafood like chef Peter Kuruvita. The Aussie culinary personality can turn any fresh catch into a dish fit for a king. In town from now till 12 June to give diners in Singapore a taste of his edible creations at W Singapore's The Kitchen Table, the affable chef shares his recipe for a dish he's serving up at dinner.
Here's what you'll need:
Makes 10 canapés
10 prawns, peeled
10 bamboo skewers
2 tablespoons Japanese mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 dried red chilli, crushed
1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 cup cooked and ground popcorn
1 tablespoon sumac
Rock salt to serve
How to make it
1. To make the dipping sauce, place the mayonnaise, garlic, dried chilli and parsley in a bowl and stir to combine.
2. Place the popcorn and sumac in a bowl and mix well.
3. Place each prawn on its back and lightly score the belly two or three times so that it lays flat.
4. Thread each prawn onto a skewer, starting at the head end and through the tail.
5. Preheat a barbecue hotplate to high.
6. Lightly brush with oil and cook the prawns until just translucent.
7. Coat each prawn in the dipping sauce, and then roll in the popcorn.
8. Serve in a glass full of rock salt.
To view more recipes from our #SaturdaySessions series, click here.