Who knew that a combination of coconut cream and honey would successfully mimic the textures of condensed milk and sugar in a local cup of kopi? Trust Michael Callahan, founding bartender of 28 HongKong Street, to discover this brilliant combination and introduce it to us by way of a coffee creation—Cococrema— he's whipped up specially for the launch of Nespresso's latest boutique at Raffles City Shopping Centre. For the month of November, you'll get to taste the Cococrema at the boutique itself. But if you're already a Nespresso convert, give the recipe below a whirl.
Here's what you need
1 Indriya from India Grand Cru capsule
30ml coconut cream
30ml cold fresh milk
20ml honey water (2 parts honey, 1 part water)
1 drop of toasted white sesame oil
A pinch of sea salt
A dash of ground cinnamon
A dash of paprika
How to make it
1. Combine coconut cream and cold fresh milk in the Aeroccino. Use the latte whisk and press the button once to froth.
2. Add honey water. Press and hold the button until the blue light comes on.
3. Pour the mixture into a cup. Add sesame oil and salt. Mix to combine.
4. Prepare the Indriya as an espresso (4oml) directly on the milk.
5. Top with cinnamon and paprika to serve.