How to whip up a mean yoghurt parfait
True to its namesake — 'parfait' means 'perfect' in French — a beautiful yoghurt parfait sums up the triumphant curtain call to every meal. But to nail the smooth and silky consistency of this inviting treat, you'll need more than just cream, eggs and sugar. Below, Chef Rishi Naleendra of Cheek by Jowl shares a sweet recipe which you can easily recreate over the weekend.
Parfait: Here's what you need
60g Liquid Glucose
1 litre of Cream
7 sheets of Gold Strength Gelatin (bloom in ice water)
300g Egg Yolk
Pinch of Salt
Parfait: How to make it
1. Place the egg yolk, sugar and liquid glucose in a mixer using the whisk attachment.
2. Beat till the egg yolk becomes pale and creamy.
3. Add the yoghurt and combine well.
4. Whip the cream to a soft peak and set aside.
5. Heat a little bit of cream in a pot. Take it off the heat and place the bloomed gelatin into the cream and allow it to melt by stirring.
6. Slowly add the cream mixture into the yoghurt and egg mix. Stir gently to combine fully.
7. Pour the mixture in your desired choice of moulds and place it in the freezer to set.
Almond crumble: Here's what you need
150g Plain Flour
20g Egg Yolk
Almond crumble: How to make it
1. Mix all the ingredients together until it forms a dough. Roll it thinly out on baking paper and bake it at 180 degrees for 10 minutes, followed by 150 degrees for 15 minutes.
2. Once it cools, break it to form a crumble.
Place the yoghurt parfait on the plate and sprinkle the almond crumble over the top. To garnish, add some fresh berries over it.