How to make a spicy cocktail
Let's face it, it's always a little daunting to venture out into the brave new world of flavours — especially if it's something that challenges the norm. Like the first time you made the switch from your sweet Piña Colada to an Old Fashioned. But just like every life lesson that has ever been written, that risky move can pay off big time in a good way if you gave it a whirl. When Lulu's Lounge shared their signature cocktail Va Va Voom, we were a tad bit unsure. It is, after all, a tangy drink with a hit of chilli. But we were pleasantly surprised at first sip, and you'll probably be too. It's going to get hot in here.
Flavoured ice: Here's what you need
45ml Orange Juice
15ml Lime Juice
A pinch of Red Chilli Powder
Flavoured ice: How to make it
1. Mix all ingredients together and pour the mixture into an ice tray.
Va Va Voom: Here's what you need
1 can of San Pellegrino Aranciata Rossa
3 cubes of Flavoured Ice
3 dashes of Tabasco Sauce
1 Lime Wedge
A few slices of Cucumber
A dash of Chilli Powder
A dash of Salt
Va Va Voom: How to make it
1. Sprinkle the chilli and salt on half of the rim on the glass.
2. Place three cubes of flavoured ice into the glass.
3. Pour the San Pellegrino Aranciata Rossa into the glass till it's half full.
4. Pour Mezcal into a shot glass to serve on the side.
5. To garnish the drink, dust the chilli and salt on the lime and a few slices of cucumber then secure it with a cocktail pick.
6. Dust three slices of the cucumber with the chilli and salt to be served on the side.