How to make a pear, honey and almond cake
The truth is, you don't have to be a professional baker to whip up a warm, fluffy and delicious cake made entirely out of love. With Mother's Day coming up this weekend, why not try your hand at this wonderfully moist dessert that will have everyone at home wanting more? Best of all, it's gluten-free. BBC home cook Michela Chiappa, whom you might recognise from Michela's Classic Italian, shares how you can easily make this beautiful pear, honey and almond cake.
Pear, Honey and Almond Cake: Here's what you need
100ml Honey/ Maple Syrup
50ml Olive Oil
½ tpsn Almond Extract
3 Small Pears, grated
225g Ground Almonds
1 tpsn Cinnamon
1 tpsn Baking Powder
½ tpsn Baking Soda
½ tpsn Fine Salt
50g Flaked Almonds
Pear, Honey and Almond Cake: How to make it
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C and grease a 22cm tin
2. Separate the eggs into 2 bowls, beat the egg white till it reaches a stiff peak then put that aside.
3. Add the maple syrup to the yolks, olive oil and grated pears. Mix them together.
4. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
5. Pour into a greased 9 inch tin and sprinkle with the flaked almonds. Bake for 1 hour.