How to make Niçoise salad with a poached salmon trout
The ever-so-elegant Niçoise (pronounced nee-suahz) salad originates from France, and was designed to be an organised creation where each ingredient is masterfully arranged on a plate, before the dressing goes on top. For Mother's Day, chef Saffry Rahim of The Providore collaborated with the Buro team to create a special menu that features this bright, robust salad. Topped with a perfectly poached salmon trout, the dish bursts with flavour and healthy goodness. Once you've had a mouthful, you'll definitely want to make it for yourself at home — you can thank us later.
Poached salmon trout: Here's what you need
1 litre of Vegetable Stock (available at The Providore)
4 pieces of 150g Salmon Trout Fillet
Poached salmon trout: How to make it
1. Bring the vegetable stock to boil in a large pan and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Add the salmon trout fillets, and poach gently for 4 to 5 minutes, before removing and letting them cool for a few minutes.
Pomegranate molasses vinaigrette dressing: Here's what you need
3 tbspn Pomegranate Molasses
2 tbspn Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbspn Dijon Mustard
4 tbspn Honey
½ tspn Fine Seasalt
½ tspn Black Pepper
¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pomegranate molasses vinaigrette dressing: How to make it
1. In a jug or bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until well combined.
Salad: Here's what you need
8 Baby Potatoes, boiled and cut in halves
16 Quail Eggs, boiled and peeled
300g Fine Beans, blanched
24 Cherry Tomatoes, cut in halves
24 Plum Black Olives
200g Green Peas, blanched
2 Shallots, sliced into rings
Salad: How to make it
1. In a salad bowl, combine watercress, potatoes, eggs, beans, tomatoes, olives and peas.
2. Add a little vinaigrette and toss gently to combine.
3. To serve, divide salad equally into 4 portions and gently place salmon trout fillet on top.
4. Garnish with shallots and pomegranate seeds before drizzling with the vinaigrette.