How to make a delicious salmon poke bowl
If there's anything we have Hawaiians to thank for, it's poke bowls — the glorious combination of marinated raw fish, crisp greens, avocado slices, atop a bed of perfectly cooked rice. It's healthy and deliciously addictive, whether you're a health nut or foodie. While you can easily get your fix from our city's array of trendy enclaves, the dish is also simple to make from the comforts of your own home, especially with this recipe from Chef de Cuisine Hubert Hu from The Opposite House's Village Café in Beijing. Plans for the weekend? Get your hands dirty and build your very own poke bowl — who knows, it could be your best one yet.
Salmon Poke Bowl: Here's what you need
40g Kikkoman Soy
1.5g Japanese Sesame Oil
3g Chilli Powder
20g Sliced Onion
3g Chopped Coriander
2g Chopped Spring Onion
1g Sesame Seeds
100g Sushi Rice
30g Sushi Vinegar
300g Skinless Salmon Fillet
Salmon Poke Bowl: How to make it
1. Mix all ingredients and season with salt.
2. Soak sushi rice in water for 30 minutes before cooking in rice cooker for about 20 minutes.
3. Add sushi vinegar once drained and slightly warm.
4. Cut the salmon in 2cm cubes and toss in sauce. Add rice to medium bowl, salmon and salad leaves on top, and sesame oil if required.
5. Garnish with spring onions and half a sliced avocado if preferred.