How to make truffle risotto
Fancy at home
Risottos often take on the misconception of being too difficult to create at home; so we usually turn to restaurants and professional chefs to sate our cravings. The truth is, it can be easier than you think — yes even the truffle infused ones. Let this recipe from executive chef Stefano Di Salvo from Beach Road Kitchen be of service.
Truffle risotto: Here's what you need
80g Carnaroli Rice
20g Brillat Savarin Cheese
3 tbpsn Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tbspn Black Truffle Paste
280ml Vegetable or Chicken Stock
30ml White Wine
1 tbspn Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbspn Finely Chopped Shallots
Salt and Pepper
5g Fresh Black Truffle (optional)
Truffle risotto: How to make it
1. Sweat finely chopped shallors in extra virgin olive oil with a knob of butter in to a large pot on a moderate flame.
2. Add the carnaroli rice and a pinch of salt. Mix to fully coat the rice then add in the white wine and leave to evaporate.
3. Pour in the stock till the rice is covered and cook for 15 minutes. Add stock once evaporated, but never higher than the level of the rice.
4. At 10 minutes of cooking, add in the brillat savarin cheese and black truffle paste.
5. Remove pot from flame after 15 minutes of cooking.
6. Fold in the remaining butter and grated parmesan cheese until creamy and fluffy, add stock if necessary and season to taste.
7. Plate the truffle risotto and shave the fresh black truffle on top.