How to make Thai green curry
Shades of green
There's always something assuring about a bowl of fiery green curry. On one hand, it's dubbed to be the milder sister of the clear tom yum goong while on the other hand, its thick flavour-packed broth manages to have us coming back for seconds. Heed this recipe from Janice O'Connor's debut cookbook Open Kitchen — via a donation to Make A Wish Foundation. All of the proceeds will also go to the charity organisation.
Note: Make the curry paste before starting on the green curry
Curry paste: Here's what you need
100g Green Chilli
Curry paste: How to make it
1. Blend all ingredients. Taste to add more chilli or lime juice, if too salty.
Green curry: Here's what you need
1/2 cup Coconut Cream
1 tbspn Green Curry Paste
1 ½ cup Coconut Milk
1 tbspn Oil
1 tbspn Fish Sauce
1/4 Palm Sugar
2pcs Apple Eggplant
1pc Coconut Heart, sliced.
2pcs Kaffir Lime Leave
3/4 Thai Basil
10pcs Birds Eye Chilli
Green curry: How to make it
1. Marinate chicken with oil and fish sauce for ten mins. Grill till almost done and cut into cubes.
2. Fry coconut cream in a pot until oil separates. Add curry paste and fry it till fragrant.
3. Add coconut milk and season it with fish sauce and palm sugar. Continue to stir while heating
4. Add apple eggplants, coconut heart and grilled chicken.
5. Stir all the added ingredients thoroughly before adding kaffir lime leaves, basil and chilli. Allow it to boil before serving.