How to make squid ink pasta with prawns
Go for black
Here's the truth: dishes like squid ink pasta weren't exactly bested to keep up with appearances. If you're not overtly cautious throughout the meal, you might end up looking like quite a mess. But everything changes when you're in the comforts of your own pad, slurping up a huge bowl of tagliolini in bedroom slippers is not only socially acceptable but also deeply satisfying. So embrace the ink-stained teeth and let this recipe from executive chef Stefano Di Salvo from Beach Road Kitchen help you out this weekend.
Squid ink tagliolini: Here's what you need
50g Squid Ink Tagliolini
150g Prawn Meat
30g Tomato Concasse
50ml Lobster Bisque
20ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
15g Fresh Basil
1pc Garlic Clove
Salt to taste
Squid ink tagliolini: How to make it
1. Prepare a hot non-stick pan with extra virgin oil, add a crushed garlic clove and leave to cook. Next, add the prawns and cook until the meat is nicely golden brown.
2. Remove the garlic and add in the tomato concasse and lobster bisuqe. Reduce until sauce reaches preferred consistency.
3. Boil water with salt in a large pot, add in the squid ink tagliolini and cook for about eight minutes.
4. Drain the pasta and toss it well in the sauce. Season to taste.
5. Plate the squid ink tagliolini, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve topped with fresh basil.