How to make spicy chicken wings
There are days when we yearn for that relentless kick of heat in our meals. We're talking peppers, chilli flakes and a bevy of spices to add that tingle to our tastebuds. The goal is to achieve a slow burn coupled with tantalising flavours. This weekend, skip the usual barbecue marinade and try your hand at this recipe for Baharat chicken wings — a signature dish from Fat Prince. Our word of advice? Have a glass of milk at hand, just in case things get too hot to handle.
Spicy chicken wings: Here's what you need
40g Lemon Zest
40g Pomegranate Molasses
10g Soy Sauce
20g Baharat Spice Mix
5g Chilli Flakes
20g Turkish Hot Pepper Paste
6g Fermented Pepper Brining Liquid
100g Chicken Demiglace (heavily reduced chicken stock)
30 Chicken Wings
200g Rice Flour
10g Spring Onions
15g Garlic Chips
Spicy chicken wings: How to make it
1. Soak chicken wings in salted water (brine) overnight for maximum tenderness.
2. Place all ingredients into saucepan except butter, garlic chips, pomegranate seeds and spring onions.
3. Cut butter into cubes and keep to the side.
4. Heat up all other ingredients until boiling point then remove from heat. Add hot ingredients into food processor or blend on low.
5. Slowly add the cubes of butter to emulsify. Keep marinade at room temperature.
6. Dust chicken wings in rice flour and deep-fry for 2 minutes after they float to the surface.
7. Garnish with garlic chips, pomegranate seeds and spring onions.