How to make a delicious pumpkin pizza
Anyone who has been to Italian restaurant Amò down at Hong Kong Street, should know the irresistible effect of their pizzas. Encased with a light, crispy crust and topped with fresh produce and a various selection of meats, it's hard to say no to seconds, or thirds for that matter. Now, you can recreate your very own, thanks to the launch of their DIY pizza kit (available for the entire month of June), complete with their signature pizza dough. To help you get started, try your hand at a homemade pizza topped with pumpkin, cured meat and broccolini. Who knows? You could even have your friends fooled, given its "restaurant quality" traits. We won't tell, if you won't.
Guanciale pumpkin and broccolini pizza: Here's what you need
280g Amò Pizza Dough
125g Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese
150g Amò Homemade Pumpkin Sauce
100g Cured Pork Jowl
1 handful Grated Parmigiano Cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Guanciale pumpkin and broccolini pizza: How to make it
1. Remove the Amò pizza dough from the fridge and let it sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Place the dough on a lightly floured counter or bread board, use your hands to push the dough out to a 12-13 inch circle.
3. Transfer the dough onto a flat tray lined with parchment paper.
4. Spread the Amò homemade pumpkin sauce onto the pizza base. Gently tear up the mozzarella cheese and scatter evenly over the top of the pizza.
5. Trim the hard stems from the broccolini and then plunge the florets into boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove the florets, drain and pat dry before laying onto the pizza.
6. Drizzle the pizza with extra virgin olive oil.
7. Preheat your oven to 220°C for 10 minutes and place the pizza inside for 10 minutes until golden brown.
8. Finish the pizza off by topping it with cured pork jowl and parmigiano cheese.