How to make pad thai with prawns
Nothing says comfort food more than a humble plate of pad thai. This stir-fry dish from Thailand has long surpassed its identity of a staple but instead, is considered an outstanding dish on its own amongst us Singaporeans. Sticky, sweet, and even spicy if you like a little heat — what's not to love? Below, Chef Bright of Thai restaurant Blue Jasmine, shares his recipe on how to make this mouth-watering plate of flavourful noodles, topped with a generous serving of prawns. Who knows? You might just be able to surprise your dinner company with this delicious rendition.
Chicken Stock: Here's what you need
1kg Chicken Bone
100g Long Round Cabbage
50g White Onion
A pinch of Salt
Chicken Stock: How to make it
1. Add all ingredients in a pot and fill it up with cold water.
2. Bring to boil and simmer for 2 hours.
Pad Thai Sauce: Here's what you need
500ml Tamarind Water
50ml Fish Sauce
50ml Sriracha Sauce
2pcs Big Red Chilli
100g Palm Sugar
Pad Thai Sauce: How to make it
1. Add all ingredients in a pot, bring to boil, simmer for 15 minutes and let it cool down. Blend with food processsor until it becomes fine.
Pad Thai with Prawns: Here's what you need
8 Big Red Prawns
50ml Corn Oil
260g Rice Noodle (to be soaked in water for 10 minutes)
30g Bean Sprouts
60g Beancurd, sliced and lightly deep-fried
40ml Fish Sauce
60ml Pad Thai Sauce
1 tpsn MSG
1/2 tpsn White Ground Pepper
200ml Chicken Stock
50g Shallots, sliced
20g Salted Radish
10g Chinese Chives
Pad Thai with Prawns: How to make it
1. Heat up a wok, add in oil, stir-fry the prawns until cooked well. Remove them.
2. With the same oil, add in shallots, radish and egg. Scramble the eggs, then immediately add the noddles and fry it for 5 seconds.
3. Add in chicken stock, followed by beancurd and prawns, and the rest of the seasoning. Wok fry for a minute.
4. Add in bean sprouts and chives, and give it a quick toss before turning off the heat.
5. To serve, put it on a plate with dry chilli flakes, ground peanuts, chilli fish sauce, and deep fried shallots.
Buro 24/7 Selection
Buro 24/7 Selection