How to make Olivia Restaurant & Lounge’s creamy homemade cheesecake
Cream of the crop
When it comes to dessert, it doesn't get more classic than a cheesecake – but that's exactly why, with a treat as accessible as this, the competition is particularly stiff amongst many a contending cafe and bakery. By many accounts, though, it seems we have a winner: Olivia Restaurant & Lounge has our sweet-toothed brethren running across town for second servings of their creamy homemade cheesecake that's all the rave these days. Below, the recipe they oh-so-kindly leaked to us, so you can try your hand at recreating this molten rendition.
Creamy cheesecake base: Here's what you need
670g Whipping Cream
10 Egg Yolks
150g Normal Sugar
210g Crème Cheese (34%)
90g Valdeon Cheese
Cheesecake tart: Here's what you need
400g All-Purpose Flour, sieved
1250g Almond Flour, sieved
250g Unsalted Butter, cold & cubed
115g Icing Sugar, sieved
1 Whole Egg
5g Fine Salt
Creamy homemade cheesecake: How to make it
1. Place all the ingredients for the base in a blender. Blend well
2. Strain to remove any large particles. Set aside and rest the base for 24 hours.
3. Place butter in the food processor. Add in dry ingredients, pulse five times until all combined.
4. Add in the egg yolk and pulse until all the ingredients are combined
5. Leave to rest in a chill area for an hour.
6. Roll out to 4mm and place into the tart shell. Cook at 160ºC for 10 minutes, with weights in the middle of the tart base.
7. Remove the weights and cook for another eight minutes.
8. Add the cheesecake mixture to the tart base. Cook at 200ºC for 15 minutes before serving.