How to make a broccoli and kale soup
Never underestimate what a humble bowl of soup can do. First, comes comfort, then tremendous joy to all your senses. Of course, the latter can only be achieved with the right kind of recipe. Speaking of which, Verde Kitchen's delectable kale and broccoli combination immediately comes to mind. Their rendition is indulged with low-fat cream, poached eggs on top and slices of rye toasted with cheese. You're looking at your next impressive achievement this weekend.
Broccoli and kale soup: Here's what you need
1 Broccoli, choppped
1 bunch of Kale
1 White Onion, sliced
2 pieces of Kale Leaves
150g Low-fat Cream
Salt and Pepper
2 Poached Eggs
2 slices of Rye Bread
20g Emmental Cheese
5g Parmesan Cheese
1g Thyme, chopped
Broccoli and kale soup: How to make it
1. In a heated frying pan, sauté the sliced white onions until golden brown.
2. Blanch the bunch of kale and broccoli until soft. In a blender, mix the sautéed white onions, blanched broccoli and kale until smooth.
3. Boil the mixture, add in low-fat cream, water, and a pinch of salt and pepper for seasoning.
4. Heat a frying pan and deep fry the kale leaves until crispy.
5. Toast the rye bread with emmental cheese, parmesan cheese and chopped thyme until golden brown.
6. Place the poached egg and fried kale on the soup, with toasted bread by the side.