How to make a grilled halloumi cheese kebab
It's hard to deny yourself a kebab, especially one enveloped with the right filling. So it sounds about right that this recipe from Fat Prince, comprising grilled halloumi, mashed avo and candied nuts, sounds just like a winning combination. Whether you're celebrating Eid al-Fitr or World Meat Free Week, this flavourful wrap is sure to hit all the right spots. We would double the portions if we were you — after all, there's always room for more.
Serves 4 (8 kebabs)
Grilled halloumi cheese kebab: Here's what you need
250g Halloumi Cheese
8 small Pita
1 cup Cashews
1 cup Almonds
2 tspn Honey
125g Cherry Tomato
10g Flat Leaf Parsley
40g Pomegranate Molasses
4 Medium Avocados
Grilled halloumi cheese kebab: How to make it
1. Cut halloumi into strips and pan fry until lightly brown. Keep warm.
2. Roast nuts in oven at 160°C for 10-15 minutes and allow to cool. Drizzle and mix through honey.
3. Roast for two more minutes at 160°C and allow them to cool.
4. Deseed and scoop out avocado, then mash it in a bowl.
5. Add 1-2 lemon wedges to taste. Then add a pinch of salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
6. Half the tomatoes, then combine with parsely. Add 2 lemon wedges and 100ml of olive oil.
7. To construct the kebab, grill the pita bread. Spread tablespoon of mashed avocado in the centre of the bread.
8. Place grilled halloumi on top, then dress with tomato salad. Sprinkle as many candied nuts as desire.
9. Finish with a drizzle of pomegranate molasses.