How to make artichoke snapper fillets
Behold, the commonly misunderstood plant — artichoke. Most of the time, we don't hear enough about artichokes to attempt to use it in our meals at home. The truth is, this odd looking bud has a chockful of antixoidants, fibre and detoxifying properties. How to eat it? Chef James Martin, of BBC Lifestyle's James Martin's American Adventure, has the perfect idea for every amateur. These tomato artichoke snapper fillets will definitely be a delicious way to start.
Artichoke snapper fillets: Here's what you need
2 Red Snapper Fillets (125g each)
1 tpsn Olive Oil
3 Garlic Cloves, peeled and chopped
½ White Onion, peeled and diced
400g Tomatoes, diced in quarters
150g Fresh Beans, cut into 5cm piees
4 Large Artichokes, sliced
1 Lemon, juiced
50g Baby Spinach
Salt and pepper
Artichoke snapper fillets: How to make it
1. Heat a large fry pan until hot, add the oil and snapper (skin facing down). Season with salt and pepper, and cook for 3 minutes. Flip over, then place onto a warm plate.
2. In the same pan, add the oil, onions and garlic. Fry for 1 minute, then stir in the tomatoes and beans. Cover with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. To prep the artichokes, cut halfway through the leaves horizontally. Remove the outer leaves and choke, turn and trim the outer area and place into the lemon water.
4. Add the sliced artichokes to the tomato mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Stir in the spinach and rocket. Season to taste, before placing the fish on top and drizzle with extra olive oil if desired.
6. Place the lid on and cook for 2 more minutes before serving.
Leave a comment
Buro 24/7 Selection
ICYMI: Singaporeans take over the Crazy Rich Asians red carpet, Burberry has a new look, WWF Singapore's controversial ivory campaign backfires
Uniqlo U in Singapore: The fall/winter 2018 pieces worth shopping for
Where to buy stylish activewear online in Singapore
Celebrity trend alert: How to layer and style dainty necklaces in a modern, effortless way
'Crazy Rich Asian' villas that could be your next vacation home
Buro 24/7 Selection