How to make apple walnut cake with homemade brandy cream
After hours dessert
If you're a firm believer in a separate stomach for dessert, prep for this winner. A light and airy green apple walnut cake served with your very own brandy-infused cream. Take notes from Komyuniti @YOTEL Singapore's recipe — and you'll be all set to impress at your upcomong dinner party.
Note: Prepare the brandy cream before starting on the apple walnut cake
Brandy cream: Here's what you need
A pinch of Salt
Brandy cream: How to make it
1. Whip the cream and sugar into stiff peak, season it with salt.
2. Add in the brandy slowly to taste.
3. Put in a container in the fridge, take it out when to serve.
Apple walnut cake: Here's what you need
360g Green Apple (in cubes)
5g Baking Soda
250g Canola Oil
10g Vanilla Essence
Apple walnut cake: How to make it
1. Mix all the wet ingredients together first and then add in the rest of the ingredients.
2. Once it is properly mixed, put it in a half insert with parchment paper inside.
3. Bake it at 176°C for one hour, use a skewer to check if it comes out clean. If not, leave it inside for five more mins and check.
4. Take it out of the oven and let it cool down completely before portioning it.
5. To serve, cut a slice of the warm apple walnut cake and put a spoon of brandy cream. Finish it off with drizzle of caramel sauce.