How to make a roast duck wrap with honey soy sauce
Never underestimate the powers of a moreish wrap. Sure, it might or might not be stuffed with last night's leftovers (because #zerowaste), but when it's done right, you'll get nice, punchy flavours with every bite. Sarah Benjamin, TV chef and host on Asian Foods Channel shares a easy wrap recipe weaving roast duck, shimeji mushrooms and a spicy honey soy sauce. When done right, old ingredients can be made new again.
Note: Make the pickled green chillies and honey soy sauce before starting on the wraps.
Quick-pickled green chillies: Here's what you need
4 large Green Chillies, thinly sliced
120ml Rice Vinegar
1 tbspn Sugar
1 clove Garlic, thinly sliced
1 tspn Salt
Quick-pickled green chillies: How to make it
1. In a small saucepan, bring the water and vinegar up to a simmer. Take it off the heat, then stir in the sugar and salt. Pour the solution over the sliced chillies and garlic. Set aside for ten minutes before using. They can be kept in the fridge for up to a month.
Spicy honey-soy sauce: Here's what you need
2 tbspn Honey
2 tbspn Soy Sauce
¼ tspn Chilli Powder
½ tspn Chinese Five Spice Powder
1 tspn Ginger, finely grated
½ tspn Sesame Oil
½ tspn Rice Vinegar
Dash of Ground White Pepper
Spicy honey-soy sauce: How to make it
1. Prepare the honey-soy sauce by stirring all the ingredients together until combined. Set aside.
Roast duck wrap: Here's what you need
2 Mission Foods Supersoft Onion & Chives wraps
250-300g Leftover Roast Duck, shredded or chopped
1 bunch Shimeji Mushrooms, separated
6-8 bunches Leftover Blanched Chye Sim, roughly chopped
2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 tbspn Cooking Oil
Salt and White Pepper, to season
Roast duck wrap: How to make it
1. In a large frying pan, heat the cooking oil in a medium-high heat. Add the chopped garlic, then the mushrooms.
2. Sauté until the mushrooms are cooked through and the liquid has evaporated, then toss in the chopped chye sim. Season with a pinch of salt and take off the heat.
3. Heat wrap on a dry pan for 30 seconds on each side.
4. Assemble the wraps by laying the Mission Foods Supersoft Onion & Chives wrap on a plate.
5. Put half of the cooked mushrooms and chye sim on each wrap, and top with shredded roast duck. Drizzle with the spicy honey-soy sauce, then top with a few slices of pickled chilli.
6. Fold over two opposite edges of the wrap, then roll into a tight wrap. Serve alongside the remaining spicy honey-soy sauce for dipping.