Chefs at home: Watch Anthony Yeoh of Summerhill reveal the perfect scrambled eggs recipe
1am bowl of comfort
Getting scrambled eggs right on the first try can be quite the challenge. How much butter should you add? Is milk necessary? These are common topics of hot debate, and everyone has their perfect recipe. So does chef Anthony Yeoh of Summerhill. Below, he shares his go-to method of cooking up a bowl of gooey molten comfort. Side tip: This might taste even better when you’re slightly tipsy.
Recipe for Anthony Yeoh’s scrambled eggs
Here's what you need
3 Free-Range Eggs
2 tbspn Unsalted Butter (or 3 tablespoons, cos why not?)
1 block of Beemster Cheese
Handful of a mix of Grated Mozzarella & Cheddar Cheese.
Salt & pepper to taste
How to make it
1. Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
2. Warm a small non-stick saucepan on medium heat.
3. Add in the butter and let it melt but not brown.
4. Mix in the eggs, using a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and stir constantly to form curds, taking the pan off the heat if it cooks too quickly.
5. After about a minute add in the cheese and continue stirring constantly
6. Add in more butter if you want. We both know you bought a whole block. No one can stop you at this point.
7. Eggs are cooked when the cheese is melted but the curds are still creamy. Season to taste.
8. Eat on its own or with some toast. Spread the toast with more defiant amounts of butter.
Creative Producer: Vanessa Caitlin
Videography: David Bay
Sound: Hazirah Rahim