How to make fluffy chai pancakes
If you love your chai tea the way a coffee snob adores fanciful pour overs, here's a breakfast treat to indulge yourself with this weekend. Batter up the aromatic flavours of India with these ingenious turmeric chai pancakes, glazed in a cheery bright yellow hue. Not to worry, it's actually simpler to make than it sounds, thanks to this recipe from inspiring home-cook Terri-Anne Leske, who bases her dishes around superfoods and a healthy lifestyle. Craving for more chai? Get a pot of tea brewing on the stove while you're flipping those pancakes — we trust that the combination will go beautifully together.
Turmeric Chai Pancakes: Here's what you need
1/3 cup Almonds
1/2 tspsn Turmeric
1/4 cup Vanilla Bean, scrapped
A pinch of Nutmeg or Cardamom
A splash of Coconut Oil
Yogurt and Fresh Fruit for serving
Turmeric Chai Pancakes: How to make it
1. Add banana to a blender and blitz until smooth.
2. Whisk together banana mixture, eggs, almonds, vanilla, and spices until fully combined.
3. Over a medium-high heat, add a dash of coconut oil to a non-stick pan.
4. Pour mixture into the pan into your preferred size for the pancakes. Flip the pancakes once the sides start to look cooked.
5. Stack the pancakes with yogurt, fresh fruit or a drizzle of honey before serving.