Uniqlo U in Singapore: The fall/winter 2018 pieces worth shopping for
Go for broke
1. Uniqlo, and by extension, Uniqlo U, doesn't have penchant for drama. Yet, Christophe Lemaire's design team at the Uniqlo Paris R&D Center introduced a hint of it by way of volumes. In playing with proportions, the collection emphasises dolman sleeves, suspended shoulder sweaters and roomy coats.
2. Tone-on-tone styling isn't going anywhere. As demonstrated on the streets during fashion week, the trend is poised to persist through another season. See: creamy mustards, dirt browns, inky reds and warm fuchsias layered for warmth, stacked for style.
3. Aside from crafty classics, the upcoming Uniqlo U range includes water repellent and windproof Blocktech outerwear for both sexes. The women's coats are also breathable and come with detachable hoods and hem slits to aid the strut. Come to think of it, men shouldn't be devoid of that kind of fabulosity — just size up.
4. It's business as usual in Uniqlo's tech lab: the Wholegarment technology is applied on 3D knits to create two seamless dresses and three sweater designs. Meanwhile, mélange sweaters are treated to a special spinning technique resulting in soft textures with a raised look. You'll also dig the vintage-style link knitting on some of the sweaters if you party like it's 1979.
5. Friday, September 14 is the date to remember. While the bulk of the collection will roll out then, a few special pieces will test your patience till from Friday, October 12. Available online and at the Orchard Central flagship.