Matter & Co.'s Boutique Fairs craft workshops will make an artisan of you
It's that time of year again: shop-fest Boutique Fairs is returning from 9 to 11 November. This year, they've partnered with the sustainable clothing label Matter to organise a series of artisanal craft workshops spanning leather, printmaking, batik, textile upcycling and aromatherapy. Now, you can make your own products (with all materials and tools conveniently prepared for you), as well as buy them the old-fashioned way. Who knows? You may even unlock a passion you never knew existed.
Below, a brief overview of each workshop's offerings:
1. Decorate a scarf or tea towel with the ancient art of batik, at the Batik Natural Dye workshop jointly conducted by Matter and Malaysian social enterprise, Batik Boutique.
2. Breathe life into old clothes and reduce textile waste, by upcycling them into tote bags at The Fashion Pulpit's Offcut Tote Bag workshop.
3. Get an introduction to the properties of different leather types, and create your own envelope cardholder, mini luggage tag and key fob, at the Basic Leather Crafting workshop by Stone for Gold.
4. Immerse yourself in the world of scent, and create a custom essential oil blend with Banyan Tree Essentials' A Scentsual Experience workshop.
5. Learn to use positive and negative space to create striking imagery, and try out the art of monoprinting — which uses a variety of techniques but allows a print to be made only once — with the Monoprinting workshop by How to Ink.
If you're raring to unleash your creativity, sign up here and get crafting.