ICYMI: Jacquemus' menswear debut, Kaws' upcoming water installation in Seoul, a new Yeezy 500 colourway to drop in a matter of days
Fashion by the 'gram
25 June - 1 July
1. Jacquemus debuts first menswear collection in Marseille Most shows at Paris Men's Fashion Week are but a half an hour train or taxi ride away from each other. Jacquemus' was past the three hour mark, in Marseille, on a beach where he presented his first men's collection. From the designer who got his start in fashion sending out left field shapes and tailoring for women, behold a different (read: more basic) attire in store for Jacquemus gents.
2. Kaws to holiday in South Korea And by that it means that artist Brian Donnelly is gearing up for a new Kaws installation that's due in, yes in, Seoul's Seokchon Lake. A 28 metre Companion is to float in the water beginning from mid-July and up till mid-August. Watch the rendering below.
3. The Yeezy 500 in full black to retail by early July From Blush to Supermoon Yellow, Kanye West is done with kitting the Yeezy 500s out in muted tones. The sneaker has a black version coming soon, and will retail on Yeezysupply.com, through Adidas, and we're sure, raffled on sites the likes of End. et al. closer to the drop date, 7 July.
4. Ex-fashion buyer and creative director Justin O'Shea is in the business of gin Famed in the fashion world as the previous buyer at Mytheresa.com and for his six-month stint as the designer of Brioni, his clothing label SSS World Corp is not the only channel for O'Shea to express his rocker leanings. He is now the co-founder of Goldy Gin, and running a Guns N' Roses collaboration early into the game.
5. Artist Blondey McCoy designs feathered kicks for Adidas Originals Although we first knew McCoy through his work for Burberry, the artist has fronted Adidas campaigns long before he tapped his deft hand at art. Now, he's trying his hand at designing too. And if you've been wondering who McCoy is the whole time, get acquainted here.
6. Vetements shows SS19 collection off-schedule in Paris Going off the official Paris Men's Fashion Week timeline, Vetements is now just due to show its SS19 collection — a week after the rest of the shows wrapped up. Slated to take place at 5:30pm Paris time today (11:30pm Singapore time), stay tuned to see what Demna Gvasalia cooks up for the next spring/summer season.
7. A second chance at Nike's sold out React Element 87 sneaker By way of an Undercover collaboration, the sneaker's next known release. Due in the coming months — as early as mid-July we've heard through the grapevine — get ready to put in the hours queueing or, count on lady luck in a raffle.