ICYMI: Rihanna's first Fenty collection, Prada goes fur-free, and Netflix's Next in Fashion
Fashion by the 'gram
1. Rihanna unleashed her first Fenty collection upon the world.
2. Netflix announced Next in Fashion, a new program co-hosted by Queer Eye's Tan France and Alexa Chung.
This is the pairing we never knew we needed. Bless you, Netflix.
3. Prada became the latest luxury brand to renounce fur.
4. The Giambattista Valli x H&M collab made a splashy debut in Cannes.
The haute couture meets high street tie-up graced the amfAR Gala at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival. A sampling of the collection will be released on hm.com and in stores on 25 May, but we'll have to wait until 7 November to shop the full range.
5. In other Cannes news: Elle Fanning fainted while wearing a too-tight Prada dress.
6. Singapore's Asian Civilisations Museum geared up for its upcoming Guo Pei solo exhibition.
The Chinese couturière's show will run from 15 June to 15 September.
7. Semi-retired, 25 year-old model Lindsey Wixson styled herself for Zac Posen's new lookbook.
Wixson famously withdrew from runway work in 2017, citing foot injury from ill-fitting catwalk shoes. She returned — in flatforms — for Miu Miu's spring/summer 2019 show, and this week styled herself in Zac Posen's resort 2020 collection; reviewers happily noted the ease that Wixson's choice of comfy footwear brought to Posen's high-drama designs.
8. Phaidon and Marc Jacobs published a book of fan art, dedicated to the designer by a single admirer.
Who just happened to be Grace Coddington.
Buro 24/7 Selection