ICYMI: Ariana Grande is Givenchy's new face, and Aladdin's cast on the (red) carpet
Fashion by the 'gram
1. ARIANA GRANDE BECAME GIVENCHY'S NEWEST AMBASSADOR.
2. RIHANNA'S NEW FASHION LINE WITH LVMH WAS CONFIRMED THIS WEEK.
3. THE CAST OF DISNEY'S LIVE-ACTION ALADDIN REMAKE KICKED OFF THEIR PROMO TOUR.
We've high expectations. Mena Massoud (Aladdin) is reported by Red Carpet Fashion Awards to be working with Ashley Weston, who also styles Chadwick Boseman and Darren Criss, while Naomi Scott (Jasmine) has chosen fashion editor Zadrian Smith to dress her. At the Paris world première of their film, the former opted for Givenchy, while the latter went with Off-White. Chills!
4. ZAC POSEN GAVE THE PUBLIC A CLOSER LOOK BEHIND HIS 2019 MET GALA DESIGNS.
Posen's collaboration with G.E. Additive and Protolabs resulted in some jaw-dropping, sculptural, 3-D printed garments and embellishments. Of particular note was model Jourdan Dunn's frock, which comprised some 21 petals fastened to a 'modular cage'.
5. H&M RELEASED A LINE OF MERCH FROM THE FICTIONAL SETTING OF NETFLIX'S STRANGER THINGS.
That's some next-level fandom right there.
6. LOUIS VUITTON'S NEW 'TV BAG' MADE HEADLINES.
Former Louis Vuitton creative director Marc Jacobs created an earlier version in spring/summer 2008; we infer from this that Nicolas Ghesquière hasn't a care about the growing screen addiction epidemic, lol.
7. LUXURY CONGLOMERATE KERING AGREED TO PAY A LANDMARK 1.25 BILLION EURO TAX SETTLEMENT.
Do your axes, folks, or the po-po will come for you!
8. FENDI AND GENTLE MONSTER OPENED A POP-UP GARDEN CAFÉ IN SEOUL.
9. GLAM CON ARTIST ANNA SOROKIN/DELVEY WAS SENTENCED TO FOUR TO TWELVE YEARS IN PRISON.
The Business of Fashion reports that, even from behind bars, Sorokin employed a stylist to dress her impeccably (and innocently) for her new York courtroom appearances. This time, though, she appears to have run out of luck...