ICYMI: Off-White's Jitney handbag, Karl Lagerfeld at the Met, and Target's designer collaboration reissues
Fashion by the 'gram
1. Off White's Jitney handbag landed in stores.
Emblazoned with messages including 'cash inside' and 'turn to open', the Jitney tickled fashionistas with its call-to-action for thieves, begging the question — is Virgil Abloh a proponent of reverse psychology?
2. Rumours of a Karl Lagerfeld retrospective at The Met intensified.
WWD reports that the exhibition will probably debut in 2022. For the moment, however, the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute is keeping schtum on all other details.
3. Target celebrated 20 years of high-low designer collaborations.
4. Christy Turlington fronted Marc Jacobs's fall/winter 2019 campaign, alongside the designer himself.
The pair commemorated their decades-long friendship with a week-long slow release of campaign images, peppered with affectionate recollections. Previously, the notoriously runway-shy model closed the Jacobs's FW19 show after a 24-year absence from the catwalk.
5. Meghan, Duchess of Sussex guest-edited an issue of British Vogue.
The duchess's Forces for Change cover featured fifteen inspiring figures, among them New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, Irish writer and educator Sinead Burke, and environmental activist Greta Thunberg.
6. TaFF unveiled its Singapore Stories capsule collection.
7. Saint Laurent, Converse, G-Shock, and Levi's dropped collabs.
8. Zalora kicked off its search for Asia's next top model.
Make Me a Zalora Model offers competitors a contract with a Singaporean modeling agency and a year's worth of wardrobe shopping from Zalora.
Buro 24/7 Selection