ICYMI: Mahershala Ali reps Dzojchen, Chrissy Metz makes us swoon in Kate Spade, and Millie Bobby Brown fires back
Fashion by the 'gram
1. Mahershala Ali turned heads in a belted wrap suit.
The look was the latest PR coup for British-Singaporean designer Chelsea Scott-Blackhall's Dzojchen label, following high-profile endorsements by Blake Lively, Ryan Gosling, Donald Glover, KJ Apa, Chadwick Boseman, Janelle Monae, Angela Bassett... You get the picture.
2. LVMH acquired a minority stake in Gabriela Hearst.
A bag from the new doyenne of American sportswear was recently papped on the arms of the Duchess of Sussex. Do we detect a hint of 'Markle Sparkle'?
3. Millie Bobby Brown called out critics who asked her to 'dress her age'.
Below, the image that started the kerfuffle. *Rolls eyes, pretends society doesn't also punish young girls for not sexualising themselves enough*.
4. Nicolas Ghesquière released a lookbook for Louis Vuitton PF19 that was a Hollywood who's-who.
Long-time Ghesquière devotees like Michelle Williams and Jennifer Connelly were joined by fellow actresses Thandie Newton, Alicia Vikander, Sophie Turner, Laura Harrier, Indya Moore, Lea Seydoux, Ruth Negga and Chloe Grace Moretz.
5. Chrissy Metz and her stylist Penny Lovell won the Critics' Choice Awards red carpet, with a romantic Kate Spade number.
Honorable mentions (scroll to the top): Claire Foy in Celine, Timothee Chalamet in Alexander McQueen, and Constance Wu in Rodarte.
6. Altuzarra the label turned 10.
This week saw the reissue of ten archival outfits, each selected by friends of the brand including former J. Crew creative director Jenna Lyons, model Shu Pei, retail legend Sarah Rutson, Carine Roitfeld and, once again, Pose actress Indya Moore (geeeeet iiiiiit, Indya. Trans girls represent!).