ICYMI: Kim Kardashian's controversial Kimono, Singapore’s Thomas Wee for KFC, and Jacquemus's lavender field runway
Fashion by the 'gram
1. KFC Singapore's staff uniforms got a makeover from Thomas Wee.
We likey, and in the spirit of #supportlocal, we'll be eating all the fried chicken to demonstrate our appreciation.
2. Kim Kardashian's new shapewear venture triggered tons of backlash.
Update: Kardashian, who initially defended her use of the term kimono, has agreed to rename her shapewear label *cue applause*.
3. Simon Porte Jacquemus celebrated his label's tenth anniversary in style.
4. Naomi Campbell was announced as the Fashion Icon honoree for the 2019 British Fashion Awards.
We're just surprised it took this long.
5. The toast of New York's fashion scene stepped out in support of HIV/AIDS charities.
Organised by the CFDA and event producer Susanne Bartsch, the evening — see red carpet gallery at top — was hosted by Billy Porter and attended by the likes of Marc Jacobs and Dita Von Teese, whose fun fitting with Zac Posen you can enjoy below.
6. Prada introduced its new line of recycled nylon/Econyl goods.
The brand concurrently announced its goal of using exclusively recycled nylon by 2021.
7. Marchesa co-founder Keren Craig exited the brand after 15 years.
Craig's departure cast doubt on the continued survival of Marchesa, whose Hollywood darling image was tainted by its close association with Harvey Weinstein, the former husband of co-founder Georgina Chapman.
8. Evisu's Cargo popup on Orchard Road wound down, while Daniel Lee's Bottega Veneta vision further solidified with the opening of its refurbished ION Orchard boutique.
Buro 24/7 Selection