ICYMI: Hellessy runway features Charles & Keith, Jennifer Lopez brings back an iconic Versace dress, and Demna Gvasalia departs Vetements
Fashion by the 'gram
1. Hellessy spring/summer 2020 show featured footwear from Charles & Keith.
Styles sent down the runway included square toe mules, stiletto heel calf boots, and houndstooth fringed ankle boots.
2. Jennifer Lopez brought the house down at Versace SS20.
The singer closed the show with a revealing jungle print number that looks just like the internet-breaking dress she wore to the 2000 Grammy Awards. Yes, that dress that led to the birth of Google Images.
3. Demna Gvasalia departs Vetements.
Stating that he has "accomplished his mission", the Georgian designer will leave the brand he co-founded with his brother Guram Gvasalia. He will continue to design for Balenciaga, while looking to "pursue new ventures".
4. Singapore designer Wykidd Song launches his new label, Akinn.
The local veteran fashion designer will work with other creatives to create "exquisite pieces that befit the sophisticated tastes of design-savvy individuals".
5. The Devil Wears Prada goes to Broadway
The music will be penned by Sir Elton John and will premiere on July 14, 2020 in Chicago.
6. In Good Company collaborates with sculptural artist Diana Beltran Herrera.
The installation of paper birds — titled Modern Aviary — is on show at the label's Jewel Changi Airport store from now till 30 November 2019.
7. Saint Laurent Rive Droite opens in Paris.
Located on rue du 29 Julliet, the open-air café and retail space will serve pastries and drinks, in addition to African artwork and vintage furniture pieces. The Cit-e Backpack created in partnership with Jacquard by Google will also be sold. The bag, which combines fashion with technology, has a number of functions including controlling music playback and using simple gestures to take photos.
8. Congratulations to Diane von Fürstenberg and Valentino Garavani.
An activist, a philanthropist, and the creator of the iconic wrap dress, Diane von Fürstenberg was inducted into the Women's Hall of Fame. Valentino Garavani received the Legacy Award from the Green Carpet Fashion Awards. He is recognised for his work that supports Italian fashion, design, and talent.
9. Television inspires fashion: Ralph Lauren for Friends, Pantone for Baywatch.
Ralph Lauren has created a collection in honour of Rachel Green from Friends, in time for the show's 25th anniversary. Pantone also announced a new shade of red inspired by the swimsuits from Baywatch, titled "Baywatch Red".
10. Fendi collaborates with Steccolecco.
Located at the Milan Central Station, the artisanal ice-cream company will be serving natural fruit-and-nut popsicles with the FF logo from now till 14 October.