ICYMI: Off-White collaborates with Rimowa, Saint Laurent takes over New York, Supreme and Kim K snag CFDA awards
Fashion by the 'gram
4 - 10 June
1. Another high profile Rimowa collaboration is on its way There's no madness like Supreme madness, but Rimowa's latest collaborator will kick off a retail frenzy alright given that it's Off-White and, that the "More Personal Belongings" luggage in transparent polycarbonate drops at the height of fashion's plastic see-through craze. Check it in at your own risk; contents (embarassing and expensive) are meant to be fully exposed. Launching 25 June.
2. CFDA celebrates Kim Kardashian West, Supreme, Raf Simons for Calvin Klein and more The CFDA Awards, celebrating American brands, designers and personalities declared Supreme as 'Menswear Designer of the Year' and Kim K West with the 'Influencer Award'. Other noteworthy names include Sies Marjan's Sander Lak clinching the 'Swarovski Award for Emerging Talent' and Raf Simons at Calvin Klein for 'Womenswear Designer of the Year'. Below, model Winnie Harlow congratulates her friend.
3. Moncler Genius to hit retail phase soon with Fragment Don't know what Moncler Genius is? Get up to speed here. Can't wait for Moncler Genius? Then hang tight for the incoming Fragment drop.
4. Nike gets called out for a sneaker pack celebrating the LGBTQ community In the past week, Nike has been dropping sneakers from its Be True pack in support of LGBTQ. Thing is, these shoes feature the pink triangle: a motif Nazis used to mark gay people with back in the day but, has since been reclaimed by the community. More recently, this symbol has been used by, and is associated with, the Aids Coalition to Unleash Power (ACT UP). In reference to Nike's use of the triangle on their sneakers, ACT UP tweeted the brand to suggest a donation from its profits to actually support the cause. Burn.
5. Saint Laurent took over New York City for spring/summer 2019 Designer Anthony Vaccarello relinquished the magic of Paris for that of New York in his men's SS19 runway show. Though, some would argue that Saint Laurent after all, makes its own magic.