ICYMI: Gucci's pro-choice runway, Serena Williams at the French Open, and the Central Saint Martins BA fashion show
Fashion by the 'gram
1. Serena Williams's Virgil Abloh-designed French Open outfit made headlines.
No stranger to controversy on the court for her fashion choices, Williams donned a graphic Off-White x Nike outfit — complete with cape! — decorated with the titles of 'Champion', 'Goddess', 'Queen', and 'Mother'.
2. Gucci used its runway show to make a pro-choice statement.
For cruise 2020, Alessandro Michele sent out a jacket emblazoned with the slogan "my body, my choice", and a gown embellished with a diagram of a uterus.
3. Human-sized balloons took centre stage at Central Saint Martins BA fashion show.
Designer Fredrik Tjaerandsen claimed the L'Oréal Young Talent award for his viral graduate collection, but the win was dogged by accusations — including from Diet Prada — of uncredited inspiration from 3D designer Esteban Diacono (of whom Tjaerandsen is reportedly a follower on Instagram).
4. Style Theory rolled out its new bag subscription service.
Style Theory Bags subscribers can now cherry-pick from the latest designer bags and carry a different style each day of the week.
5. Dior popped up at Mykonos, just in time for high summer.
6. Uniqlo, Evisu, and Dover Street Market teased some exciting new drops.
7. Singapore's newest streetwear retailer opened its doors on Victoria Street.
Pasar Peninsula stocks the likes of Aries Arise, Perks and Mini, Good Morning Tapes, Han Kjøbenhavn and Dunno.
Buro 24/7 Selection