ICYMI: Dior brings back the Saddle, BTS visits Kaws, Louis Vuitton welcomes the Wave
Fashion by the 'gram
16 - 22 July
1. Louis Vuitton has a new bag in stores Informed by '80s music, Louis Vuitton's headlining accessory of the season is now available for purchase at the brand's boutiques. Known as the Wave, it is a reference to the musical genre but also, its curved quilting is a sampling of an 1800s trunk from the archives.
3. BTS' Rap Monster and J-Hope welcome Kaws' Brian Donnelly to Korea Known to be massive Kaws fans themselves even before Kaws blew up in the fashion realm, BTS members J-Hope and Rap Monster were spotted hanging with Donnelly who was in town to set-up his Companion water installation in Seokchon Lake.
4. Converse taps J.W.Anderson, again That ubiquitous JWA high-top is hitting critical mass with Converse issuing the design once more and, tacking on another colourway — red. At least along with the re-drop comes another series from the duo, titled 'Toy'.
5. Nike drums up desire for the Air Max Deluxe After putting the 95, 97 and 98s back on the radar with numerous colourway releases in the last year or two, it seems that Nike is gearing up for the comeback of another model: the Air Max Deluxe. Below, some of the colourways that have hit the web.
6. Vetements puts out more lookalike sneakers After the brand's Converse and Adidas Stan Smith SS18 lookalikes went on major discount during the recent sale season, Vetements segues into FW18 with these "personalised" kicks. Note: not a Converse collab.
7. A Triple S delivery Still going strong with its so-ugly-its-cool appeal, Balenciaga's sell-out Triple S kicks have been made available in more shades. Snag them, or forever hold your peace.