ICYMI: Celine Dion announces her kids clothing line, Virgil Abloh lands in hot water, and Proenza Schouler reclaims its independence
Fashion by the 'gram
1. Celine Dion: kidswear designer?
The singer and Law Roach's MVP client is bringing her gender-neutral parenting style to the masses, with a clothing line she's created for kidswear label nununu. Superfans know Dion's surreal sense of humour well, but newcomers to the party might be surprised by her promo video for the collection.
2. Serena Williams was named GQ's Woman of the Year.
Williams was the only female among the magazine's four cover stars — including Henry Golding — for its 2018 Men of the Year edition. Her cover was annotated by Virgil Abloh, who made the unfortunate mistake of putting quotation marks around the word "Woman" in her title. Many took it as an insensitive reference to the misgendering and transphobic insults the tennis great has endured throughout her career, while Abloh's defenders argued that random/misused quotation marks are a signature of the designer's handwriting.
3. Balenciaga got trippy and Instagram was like, "Nope".
*skin crawls, but can't stop watching*
4. Mindy Kaling showed us how to do split-personality dressing.
Can't decide between brights or darks for a party? Mindy Kaling proved that you don't have to choose, in this joyous Greta Constantine number.
5. The fashion world gets a first look at Daniel Lee's Bottega Veneta.
Tomas Maier's successor will debut his first collection (pre-fall 2019) on 11 December.
6. Proenza Schouler's founders bought their company back.
2018's latest buyback (after Stella McCartney and Christopher Kane) is a key step in Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez's restructuring of their 16 year-old label.
7. Lucas Ossendrijver exits Lanvin menswear after an epic 14-year tenure.
Whoever succeeds him has very big shoes to fill.
Buro 24/7 Selection
Leave a comment
Buro 24/7 Selection