ICYMI: Beyoncé's alleged plagiarism, J-Lo turns 50 in Versace, and Will Smith's first fashion campaign
Fashion by the 'gram
1. The week in pop divadom saw J-Lo in the spotlight, and Beyoncé under fire.
Jennifer Lopez celebrated her 50th birthday looking stylish in a custom Versace chain-mail gown, while Beyoncé's 'Spirit' music video for The Lion King's soundtrack drew criticism for its uncanny, uncredited resemblance to the work of a lesser-known South African artist.
2. Coach 1941, Moncler, and Charles & Keith unveiled starry campaigns.
3. A documentary about designer Ralph Lauren was announced.
4. Mr Porter made a stand for men’s mental health, while Forever 21 toyed disastrously with women’s.
The men's e-tailer kicked off its new mental health initiative — titled Health in Mind — with a series of interviews featuring industry figures discussing personal well-being. Forever 21, meanwhile, was accused of insensitivity towards customers' body image, for sending free diet bars along with their clothing purchases. While it was intially reported that only 'plus-sized' clients were affected, it later emerged that the bars were included with all orders regardless of the intended recipients' clothing sizes. Still...
5. Dior's new boutique illuminated the Champs-Élysées...
6. Gucci celebrated Chinese Valentine's Day.
7. G-Shock and Onitsuka Tiger dropped fun collabs.
The former teamed up with Singaporean artist Sam Lo to commemorate National Day, while the latter dropped the second of its seven, seventieth anniversary collaborative collections, this time with designer Kim Kiroic of KKtP.
8. After five decades in business, Sonia Rykiel closed its doors.