What to expect from the new Bridget Jones movie, Bridget Jones's Baby
Bridget Jones is back, and it appears not much has changed... except for a little bump
1. There's yet another love triangle, this time with a new middle-aged hunk, played by Patrick Dempsey. Mr. Darcy meets another match — instead of Brit favourite Hugh Grant (whom we last saw in The Man From U.N.C.L.E.), Patrick Dempsey is the new bait. From the trailer, it seems they met as Bridget gets into one of her many clumsy moments.
2. There is, in fact, a baby on the way. The rumour mill has been in motion since behind-the-scenes snaps of Renée Zellweger prancing around with a fake baby started swirling around the internet. However, we're not quite sure who the father is — and from the looks of it, Bridget isn't sure either. In fact, her mother even suggested that she was involved in a three-way for something of the sort to happen.
3. Ed Sheeran and Emma Thompson make cameo appearances — or are possibly playing minor roles. In another scene where Bridget embarrasses herself in social situations, Ed Sheeran is seen giving her the once-over, clearly unimpressed. Sheeran had a blast shooting this scene, though — last November, he uploaded a shot of himsef and Zellweger on set in London, where the filming was done. Meanwhile, Thompson's no-nonsense, deadpan humour is taken advantage of in scenes of her as an obstetrician.
4. Embarrassing moments still follow Bridget wherever she goes. Rain or shine, embarrassment follows Bridget everywhere. Remember her soaking confession of love to Mr. Darcy? This time, it appears she'll meet her new love interest at a music festival (Glastonbury, perhaps?) after she falls, face-down, in the mud. Oh Bridget, you just had to dismiss how important wellies really are in such situations.
5. Granny panties are about to get way bigger. In the first installment of the Bridget Jones some 15 years ago, we all gulped as Daniel Cleaver (played by Grant) unearthed Jones' granny panties — hands up, women who can relate! In Bridget Jones's Baby, it appears the character is faced with another un-sexy underpants situation. Yikes.
Bridget Jones's Baby will be shown in local theatres from 15 September.