Social media scoop: Donald Trump serenades Hillary Clinton, Bella Hadid turns 20 and Kylie Jenner bares it all
The week's highs and lows
See Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton's sing-off, your next Halloween costume and Bella Hadid's birthday week
1. Debate duet Some may have watched Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton’s heated second presidential debate in horror, while others? Not so much. The serious event proved as susceptible to Twitter-verse’s whiplash of hashtags (#debatesongs) and memes, much to our cackling delight.
3. Konnichiwa, Bella and Abel On the other side of the globe, Bella Hadid and The Weeknd went on a cute trip to Japan. They toured Tokyo's Harajuku district, partied with Yoon of Ambush and of course, went undercover via masks à la their Japanese counterparts. 4. The big 20 They made it back in time to celebrate Bella's two-decade milestone. The New York bash had the likes of models Shanina Shaik and Hailey Baldwin to singer Justine Skye in attendance of the A-lister fete. 5. Shady lady As Rihanna and Drake's summer love simmerred down, RiRi throws shade through a quote she posted on Instagram. Naturally.
6. The fault in our waters Shailene Woodley was part of a peaceful protest at the Dakota Access Pipeline — which was suspectedly degrading the city’s drinking water — when she got arrested for trespassing. Woodley then says on camera, “Alright, I'm being arrested because I was trespassing like everyone. As soon as you guys asked me to leave, I left. I don't know what's going on. It's because I'm well-known. It's because I have 40,000 people watching.” Since then, massive support has poured in for the unlikely activist, including fellow The Fault in Our Stars crew Ansel Elgort and John Green.
SHAI WAS ARRESTED TODAY for protesting the North Dakota Pipeline. Read about what she was protesting here https://t.co/wCuQaaYRmJ
7. Too soon, guys, too soon It's only been a week since Kim Kardashian's Paris robbery, but it's already gotten its own Halloween kit from costume company Costume-ish. Called ‘The Parisian Heist Robbery Victim Costume Kit’ on the site, the company has been hit with a huge amount of backlash online for the offensive product. “I’m sad that people are offended by it, but it is Halloween: It’s one day out of the year,” reasons Jonathon Weeks, founder of Costume-ish. “Halloween should be a light-hearted, spirited party and people should be able to laugh at it and think it’s funny.”
8. Talking about light-hearted Here's an alternative Halloween costume: The fluffy Saint Laurent coat which made its ubiquitous appearance on Kendall Jenner, Rihanna and Anna Dello Russo.
9. Look who's in town In Singapore for the week, Korean model Irene Kim explored our island by hitching a buggy ride at Universal Studios Singapore, snapping some pictures at Haji Lane to taking in our impressive cityscape view.
10. Arty and busty Hot on the trail of sister Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner goes bare for Complex in a splendour of latex and Takashi Murakami art. That's not the only thing out in the open — the beauty mogul spilled the beans on her pre-lip injection insecurities, too: "This guy I kissed was like, ‘Your lips are really small but you’re a really good kisser. I didn’t think you were gonna be good at kissing.’ It was so rude. From then on, I just felt like I saw guys staring at my lips. I felt like no one wanted to kiss me."