Meet the new cast additions of Crazy Rich Asians and the controversies surrounding its casting decisions
1. It's finally happening
We know that the Crazy Rich Asians filming has begun in Kuala Lumpur.
2. Crazy Rich Asians gets a cast update Meet American personality Nora Lum — also known as Awkwafina — who happens to be a triple threat. Of South Korean and Chinese parentage, the rapper, actress and comedian will play shopaholic Peik Lin in this film.
3. From strangers to cast members and lunch buddies We don't know what we're more jealous of, that the cast are tucking into the killer crab burger from Breakfast Thieves or that Henry Golding (who plays lead Nick Young) and Awkwafina are hanging out.
4. An Oxford law graduate joins the cast Best known for her role in sci-fi drama Humans, Brit actress Gemma Chan will be playing Astrid, Nick's cousin. Looks like dumplings make for a yummy icebreaker.
5. Henry Golding isn't the only actor who's Singapore-based Singapore actors Pierre Png, Fiona Xie and Tan Kheng Hua represent other characters in the Crazy Rich Asians lineup.
6. Weather woes for Constance Wu in Kuala Lumpur Filming in Kuala Lumpur has its ups and downs, as Constance Wu discovers the effects of humidity.
7. Are Eurasians not Asian or European enough? Crazy Rich Asians gets criticised for casting Eurasians like Golding and Sonoya Mizuno in ethnically Chinese roles.