Anthony Bourdain, dead at 61: Celebrity chefs react
1. David Chang, who worked with Anthony Bourdain on Netflix series Mind of a Chef, shared lyrics on a very black day
2. Family man and former naked chef Jamie Oliver shared what Bourdain meant to the world
I have to say I’m in total shock to hear that the amazing @Bourdain has just died he really broke the mould, pushed the culinary conversation, Rest in peace chef thoughts and love to all his family and close friends xxxxxxxxxxx pic.twitter.com/HB7sV7CeRH— Jamie Oliver (@jamieoliver) June 8, 2018
3. All-around bad boy chef Gordon Ramsay - who had an equally no-holds-barred approach - shared a throwback clip
Seems perfect to share this today. It's a vintage clip of Anthony Bourdain when he stopped by Restaurant Gordon Ramsay over 17 years ago. Sending your family all our love -The Ramsay's xxx https://t.co/dcULITxJwA— Gordon Ramsay (@GordonRamsay) June 8, 2018
4. Oliver's mentor and Two Greedy Italians co-host Gennaro Contaldo also shared his sentiments
5. Domestic goddess Nigella Lawson shared her heartbreak and a need for privacy
Heartbroken to hear about Tony Bourdain’s death. Unbearable for his family and girlfriend. Am going off twitter for a while— Nigella Lawson (@Nigella_Lawson) June 8, 2018
6. Dining With Death host and chef Andrew Zimmern posted a particularly emotional response
Im so angry this morning. Life is fucking hard and crazy and Tony I love you. Im wearing your boots that I never wore because they were yours, and going to work. Everyone should hug some extra people today. My heart is heavy. https://t.co/2lFmz1UvWK pic.twitter.com/62Qcjwo33f— Andrew Zimmern (@andrewzimmern) June 8, 2018
7. Man v. Food host and chef Adam Richman asked a simple question: Why?
Damn it, Tony.— Adam Richman (@AdamRichman) June 8, 2018
I’ll always love you, pal.
Always be grateful.
Never gonna stop wondering why, though.
My heart is with you, wherever you are. Sending strength to your daughter.
Thank you, thank you - a thousand thousand thank you’s for everything.@Bourdain
8. Queer Eye's resident food and wine expert Antoni Porowski shared a tribute
I am shocked and deeply saddened. RIP to a father, partner, chef, writer, and incredibly talented man. @Bourdain Prayers for his loved ones.— Antoni Porowski (@antoni) June 8, 2018
9. Television host and cookbook author Padma Lakshmi shared a throwback picture of Bourdain
10. Finally, Daniel Boulud took the words right out our mouths by celebrating Bourdain's passion as a strong and charismatic storyteller