Pitch Perfect 3's leading lady proves she's aca-amazing with her mastery of any music genre. Check out these 5 performances to watch her shine on stage
1. Pitch Perfect Anna Kendrick's big break came in 2012 when she starred in the leading role of Beca Mitchell in Pitch Perfect. Armed with the spunk of her character that comes to her naturally and a vocal range that makes her an asset to any choral section, we took notice when she performed the franchise's defining cup song.
2. High Society The makings of a global star were apparent in her performances from the start. After the 32-year-old actress landed her first broadway stint in High Society when she was just 12, she was nominated for a Tony Award and won the prestigious Theater World Award in 1998.
3. Funny Or Die collaboration with K-pop supergroup f(x) This American starlet doesn't just own Hollywood with her wit, moves and voice. She joined one of K-pop's most popular groups f(x) in an episode of Funny Or Die to get a taste of what it takes to be a pop sensation on the other side of the world. No doubt a challenge, Kendrick still looked like she was a graduate straight out from one of Seoul's talent academies whilst singing and dancing to f(x)'s hit song 'Electric Shock'.
4. Duet with Stephen Colbert Talk about affinity – both Kendrick and American comedian and host Stephen Colbert have previously worked with musical theatre composer and lyricist Stephen Sondheim. The former, on the production of Into The Woods and the latter, on the production of Company. This lovely duet cover of 'Falling in love is wonderful' from the American musical Annie Get Your Gun will leave you in wistful wonder.
5. Riff-off with James Corden Not only can Kendrick bust those chart toppers and high notes, she proves she can match a beat to the words with her renditions of Ludacris's 'Move Bitch Get Out Da Way' and the '90s hip-hop hit 'Ice Ice Baby'. Needless to say, she won the riff-off.
Pitch Perfect 3 is now showing in theatres. Read about last week's #WomanCrushWednesday here.