Rae Morris is back after three years with her second album, Someone Out There
Before Rae Morris releases her long-awaited follow-up to debut album Unguarded, here are five things you should know about the Blackpool-born singer
1. Signed to a record label at 18 The British singer-songwriter's career sparked off after receiving a Myspace message from an Atlantic Records' representative, where she tied her vocal versatility to a musical pact with Atlantic after grooving through gigs as a second-year college student at Preston. What started off as live shows on Morris' local radio, BBC Radio Lancashire, marked a turning point for the artistic teenager and producer of avant-garde tunes.
2. Co-wrote and featured on Clean Bandit's track 'Up Again' Shortly after releasing her debut single 'Don't Go', the poised and polished vocalist unveiled her boundless musical flair in her collaboration with electronic quartet Clean Bandit. Lending her ethereal voice in the co-written song 'Up Again', Morris proved that she was already a hit back in 2014.
3. Recorded a 12-track debut album with producer Ariel Rechtshaid Encapsulating her coming-of-age story in her debut album, Morris portrays herself as a genuine and fearless artist who hones her craft by marrying her personal experiences with creative artwork. Besides debuting at number nine on the UK Albums Chart, Morris also landed herself an 18-month headlining tour, featuring her incredible punch in the album standout 'Do You Even Know?'.
4. Worked as a waitress at Blackpool F.C. We all had that one part-time job to earn a little extra pocket money, and Morris' was as a waitress on the grounds owned by the Blackpool soccer club. Some might imagine this 26-year-old gripped with football frenzy but Morris had absolutely zero interest in the game. "I don't follow football. They sounded like they were having a good go, though," Morris admitted in a BBC interview.
5. Released five tracks leading up to her new album campaign Someone Out There marks a striking sonic switch for Morris, carrying bolder electronic-oriented sounds blended with infectious pop melodies. The five new singles, 'Reborn', 'Do It', 'Atletico', 'Push Me to My Limit' and 'Lower the Tone' have already received a swathe of positive reviews. Expect euphoric and infectious bops, dreamy synths and falsetto vocals all in one tracklist.