Prince George turns three: 10 best looks + moments
Bow down, peasants: Prince George turns three today. As the royal leaves his terrible twos behind, we celebrate his 10 best moments and looks
1. When he rocked 19th century fashion just months after he was born Talk about vintage. For his christening in 2013, the three-month-old wore a replica of the historic Victorian christening gown first used in 1841. A royal family heirloom, it was commissioned by Queen Elizabeth in 2008. His little sister Charlotte also wore the same dress during her christening this year.
2. When he channeled nautical chic at just eight months old On his three-week tour of Australia and New Zealand with parents Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton, the prince made a play date pit stop in Wellington. His outfit of choice? Smocked dungarees by Rachel Riley, perfect for the little crawler.
3. When he nailed airport style before he could even walk Arriving into Sydney Airport in 2014 on his first official overseas trip, the 10-month-old tyke stepped off the plane with a dainty blue and white smocked sailboat — we sense a running nautical theme here — romper from Les Petites Abeilles.
4. When he first displayed a love for stripes You really can't go wrong with a striped polo. Prince George knows this, chanelling head-to-toe blue in varying patterns and hues. Orlebar Brown has got nothing on those Rachel Riley shorts, paired with sensible pre-walking shoes from Childrensalon — ideal for a day out at Taronga Zoo, Sydney.
5. When he channeled Chandler Bing from Friends with this vest Looks like Prince George's been checking out the Chan-Chan man. In this official Christmas photo taken at Kensington Palace, he sports a knitted vest featuring marching guards by Cath Kidson, paired with a bodysuit by Polarn O Pyret. One thing Mr. Bing probably wouldn't wear are velvet shorts, which Prince George dons with a smug smile. Could he be more adorable?
6. When he completely ripped off Prince William's look Who can blame him? Prince William first stole our hearts in the late '80s, so it's no surprise that Prince George's been taking notes from the original royal heartbreaker. This romper by Rachel Riley (the designer's clearly his favourite) is almost identical to the one worn by his father more than 30 years ago, when Prince William met his brother Harry for the first time. What a way to relive the '80s.
7. When he was a bundle of joy on the first day of school Sure, it's only nursery, but it's never too early to make a good first impression. Notably when you're a royal. In this photograph taken by his mother, we see the young royal starting a Montessori education just like his father. Blue is clearly his favourite colour — he's bundled up in a quilted jacket by John Lewis and a backpack.
8. When he met President Obama and didn't care about the dress code We already know that the Obamas are the coolest Presidential family to ever represent America (and politicians in general). The fact that President Obama let this one style boo-boo slide in April this year was further proof. "My house, my rules," the My 1st Years bathrobe seemed to suggest. Also, you shouldn't really fault a two-year-old for choosing comfort over style.
9. When he didn't let the cold faze him, and still scored brownie points for matchy-matchy style Happy holidays from the royals: Prince George poses during a ski trip in the French Alps. There's a new partner in crime for this trip: His then 10-month-old sister, Princess Charlotte. Prince George's snowsuit from Mountain Warehouse joins the family's matchy-matchy look: Blue for boys, white for girls.
10. When he played with the big boys' toys Helicopters and planes are the ultimate boys' toys — even better when they're the actual things. While us commoners might treat the young ones to something from Hot Wheels, Prince George's ahead of the curve by getting himself cosy in the cockpit of a Red Arrows jet during his visit to the Royal International Air Tattoo last month.