Happy Mother's Day: The best advice from celebrity mothers and daughters
Mum's the word
Because mothers know best
1. Don't beat yourself down by comparing to others "There's always going to be someone who's a better singer. There's always going to be someone more fit. There's always someone who's going to be, in your mind, better than you — who you're comparing yourself to. But you can't do that, because you will live such an unhappy life," said Demi Moore to her daughter, actress Rumer Willis.
2. Be true to yourself "Be true to yourself, and when you're connected intimately [with someone], it's a huge time of growth," said Goldie Hawn to her daughter, actress Kate Hudson.
3. Always take care of your skin "My mother taught me to always take care of my skin, with a special focus on my face, neck, and décolleté. She never let me go in the sun as a kid, which was very annoying at the time, but now I really appreciate it! When she and I walk on the beach together, we look like we're wearing costumes from Lawrence of Arabia," said model Elettra Wiedemann about her movie star mother, Isabella Rossellini.
4. Don't underestimate the power of red lipstick
"She always says to not get sunburned, drink lots of water, sleep lots, wear red lipstick because it will always be classic, and smile and be happy because you look beautiful when you're happy," shared model Georgia May Jagger on beauty tips from her mother, Jerry Hall.
5. First and foremost, take care of yourself
"You always have to remember to take care of you first and foremost. Because when you stop taking care of yourself, you get out of balance and you really forget how to take care of others. And I think that we've been taught that taking care of yourself is a problem," said Jada Pinkett Smith to her musician and actress daughter, Willow Smith.