What's left of an international woman of mystery and glamour after she has passed on? We remember Hungarian-American actress Zsa Zsa Gabor through 10 of her wittiest quotes on marriage
1. Marry for love "A girl must marry for love, and keep on marrying until she finds it." 2. Don't marry for money "I would not advise any girl to marry a man just because he is rich. I absolutely believe in that Scottish proverb that says, 'Don't marry for money; you can borrow it cheaper.'" 3. What's on your chest might just be as important as what's in your head "Remember — the only place men want depth in their women is in her décolletage."
4. Keep separate bank accounts "Keep separate bank accounts. I always have; not because my husbands don't trust me but because I don't trust myself."
5. Retain some form of mystery "The last thing in the world I want is for a man to understand me and know what's always going on inside my head. It takes away from all my mystery, which, as I've told you before, is the most important thing between a man and a woman." 6. Accept that men can be delusional "No matter what a man is an expert in, he always thinks he's also an expert at being a lover."
7. Share a social life "My most favorite joke is that to keep a marriage, the husband should have a night out with the boys and the wife should have a night out with the boys, too."
8. Maintain yourself, but live a little "Any woman who diets all the time can't help but be grouchy. Nobody can be amusing or entertaining on a diet."
9. When things get bad, keep going "I am far too unconventional and far too dedicated to being true to myself to let other people's disdain or nastiness upset me for long."
10. Finally, keep the right people on speed dial "I have learned that not diamonds but divorce lawyers are a girl's best friend."